Monday, February 6, 2012

Wild River Outfitters of VB

As I woke up on Superbowl Sunday I was determined to make my first venture out but as I peered out my window all I viewed was a cold, dreary and damp atmosphere. In my opinion, not the best day to enjoy the best of what nature has to offer. So I decided to do some exploration from my warm seat on the couch.
Since it is winter (even though the temperatures have been unseasonably warm and no complaints here) most kayak or paddleboard tour companies aren't offering guided tours. So on the days I can not get outside I will provide some information on a few companies I would recommend to any nature lover. 
The first one is located in my home town of Virginia Beach, Wild River Outfitters. I have had the pleasure of running into these guided tours on my solo ventures out on the local waters. The WROTC employs American Canoe Association (ACA) certified instructors and guides. They offer a variety of trips and tours, which are all listed in detail on their website. My favorite is the Paddle Feast tour, where you paddle around in local waters and then dock at a waterside restaurant for a meal as the sun sets. For the kids there is the Dolphin Quest tour, where you will be entertained by the dolphins playing in the surrounding waters. For an ultimate adventure, there's the Great Dismal Swamp tour, which is priced at $135. This is a full-day trip led by a naturalist who is most knowledgeable of the 111,200 acres that cover the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge. Tours prices range from $49-135$. For more information visit www.wildriveroutfitters.com or email mail@wildriveroutfitters.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment